The Alsek Cottage is Oregon Cottage Company's (OCC) response for a clients wish to reduce costs and do a partial build-out. Our client wished to express her talent in finishing the project on her own and to reduce her expenses along the way. She also wanted to flood the interior with light and create additional loft space. We were able to satisfy her requirements by creating a 4/12 single pitch roof, adding clearstory operable windows and cut costs by:
1. Eliminating an exterior porch to maximize the conditioned space.
2. Creating a 4/12 simple shed roof.
3. utilizing vinyl in lieu of wood windows.
4. Reusing a window and a solid wood Dutch door.
5. Stubbing out for gas, water, and waste only.
6, Install pine v-grove interior wall finish and allow the client to trim out the windows, door, base boards and loft surround and seal the wood.
7. Allow the client to install the finish flooring.
8. Allow the client to install all interior partitions.
9. Installing T-111 siding with battens eliminating the beveled cedar siding.
10. finishing the exterior with a field paint of only one color and allow the client to paint the trim if she wishes.
With these 10 items we were able to keep the costs down below
The Alsek Cottage pictured includes but is not limited to:
10,000 lb GVWR 7'x20' custom made trailer.
Eco-Batt wall insulation (R-16.9 assembly)
R-27 roof assembly
R25.7 floor assembly
Natural tight knot v-grove pine paneling.
25 gal. waste water storage tank.
2x6 t&g hemlock loft flooring.
Standing seam metal roof.
Passenger side and Aft elevations
Drivers side and Aft elevations
Drawings for the Alsek can be purchased by check or money order and include: plans, elevations, a building section and cut sheets of the trailer, fixtures and appliances.